Using the Trimble Installation Manager offline
You can use the offline version of Trimble Installation Manager to install the Trimble field software or Trimble receiver firmware.
Step 1: Creating an offline installation
In your web browser, go to www.trimble.com/installationmanager and then click the Download Trimble Installation Manager (Offline) link.
The Create Offline Install for Trimble Installation Manager webpage appears.
- Select the type of device to update and then click Next.
- Enter the serial number for the device and then click Add. Repeat this for each device of the same type you have (all receivers of the same model or all controllers). Alternatively, create a text file that contains the serial numbers and then click Upload to add the serial numbers to the list. Only *.txt files that have one serial number per line are supported.
- Click Next.
- Select the product to install.
- Select the product version to download. The table shows all the device serial numbers you entered that have a product license. If a device is highlighted red, it is not entitled to the product version you have selected. License files will not be downloaded and the offline installation will not run for this device. Try selecting an earlier version before continuing.
- Select whether to download licenses and application files or only licenses.
- Select Licenses and Applications to download both the application and license files. The size of the download can be quite large (>650MB). Depending on your internet speed, the download time can be slow.
- Select Licenses only to download only additional licenses. Select this option when you have already downloaded the application, and new licenses have been purchased for existing devices or additional devices must be included in the offline installation.
- Click Next.
- Click Download.
- Unzip the file you downloaded to the location where you will run Trimble Installation Manager from, for example a USB drive.
- License files and application files work together to allow the installation of the product. You cannot mix application files and license files from different product versions. If you try to do this, the installation will not run.
- If you download additional licenses for devices using the Licenses only option, the files must be extracted to the same location as the original applications.
- You can copy the link provided in the final step of the Create Offline Install utility to download the installation files at a later date. Installation files are available for download for up to 7 days. After this time you can recreate them by running the Create Offline Install utility again.
Running the local version of the Trimble Installation Manager software
Once you have downloaded the local version of the Trimble Installation Manager software, do the following:
- If you have not already done so, unzip the file you downloaded to the location where you will run the offline version of Trimble Installation Manager from, for example a USB drive.
- If the unzipped contents are on a USB drive, insert the USB drive into the computer that will run Trimble Installation Manager. If you are updating:
- a controller or receiver, insert the USB drive into the computer you will connect the device to.
- a tablet, insert the USB drive into the tablet.
Navigate to the contents of the extracted zip file and double-click on the "Trimble Installation Manager Offline.exe" file.
Note – If you are using a tablet, then the offline version of Trimble Installation Manager installs itself onto the tablet. To run Trimble Installation Manager, you must tap the Trimble Installation Manager shortcut link on the tablet desktop screen.
- If you are updating a tablet, skip this step. To update a controller or receiver, connect it to the computer using a cable. If the device is a controller, use Windows Mobile Device Center to establish the connection to the computer.
- In Trimble Installation Manager, select the version to install.
Select the software to install and then click Install.
Once the files are installed, you can start using the software or services that you purchased.
Note – Only those devices that have had their licenses downloaded can be updated offline. The device must be entitled to the version of software you have downloaded.